Virtual Lab: Nutrition Diary
Access the Nutrition Lab: http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/genbio/virtual_labs_2K8/labs/BL_15/index.html
1. Read the background information found under the “Question” area first, and then continue on to reading the procedure information posted there as well.
2. Click on the “Nutrition Facts Label Guidebook” on the lower portion of the activity area and read through the information presented. You should also click on the “Daily Calories Chart” for additional information regarding individual energy requirements and expenditures.
a. Based on the Daily Caloric Recommendations Chart, I should consume approximately _____________ calories a day.
b. The three factors I used to decide on this number were ____________, _____________ and _________________.
3. Pick today (or a day this week) and document what you ate (as close as possible) by selecting a food items and dragging them to the various meal times in the laboratory area.
4. Make sure that you note each food choice made (and the number of servings) in Table I below.
5. When you are done your day, please be sure to note the information from your “Daily Nutritional Values” graph in Table II.
Fats, oils and sweets
% Daily Value
Total Calories for Menu: _________
When you are finished, answer all of the questions:
· Did your food choices follow the government’s recommendations for calories and nutrients? Were the calories you ate too high or too low?
· What changes do you need to make to your food choices in order to get close to the recommendations?
· Do any of the items you selected provide more than 30% in any nutritional area? If so, which foods and which nutrients?
· What did you notice about the food group icons in your Daily Meals area? Did you favor a specific food group? Explain.
· How can you use the Nutrition Facts label to make healthy decisions?
· What did you notice about the nutrients in fast foods?
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more