• M4A1: Create Your Own Bacterial Key
Throughout the previous modules you have gained information on the methods used to distinguish different bacteria from one another. This activity serves to reinforce the concepts associated with biochemical tests, help you learn the metabolic strategies associated with individual or groups of bacteria, and strengthen your understanding of basic morphological differences. For this assignment, you are to choose one (1) of the groups, either A) oral/respiratory tract pathogens and commensals, or B) urogenital pathogens and commensals or C) gastrointestinal tract pathogens and commensals, and develop a key based on differential staining and culturing, morphology and the suite of biochemical tests available to identify bacteria.
C. dificile Helicobacter pylori
• M4A2: Project 1
You are the science reporter for your local newspaper. Your editor asks you to write an article on a major topic within the general field of microbiology. He stipulates that in this article you need to include the following three things:
1. An historical timeline for the major scientific discoveries that has led to our current understanding of the topic.
2. A summary of our current understanding of the topic.
3. A projection of where the next major advance or breakthrough in your topic will come from.
For project 1 you will do your background research. Specifically, you will choose a suitable topic, identify appropriate resources, and generate a brief outline of the article which you will write for Project 2. Your topic must fall under the following subheadings:
• Microbiology and human health
• Microbiology and the environment
• Microbiology and agriculture
• Microbiology and industry
8. Consult your textbook to choose a topic under one of the four subheadings listed above. For example, from the area Microbiology and industry, you might examine the use of organisms by the alcoholic beverage industry. More specifically, are you interested in wine and the grapes that produce it? You could investigate the actions of a fungus called “noble rot” or the cultures involved in the fermentation of the grapes. [Need help choosing a topic?]
9. Once your receive instructor approval, do some background research on your topic to get more familiar with it. Using the Credo Reference and/or Britannica Online: Academic Edition databases, find 1-2 articles/encyclopedia entries on your topic that will help you complete your Project 2 article
10. Now that you have some grounding in your topic, find 5-6 peer-reviewed research articles that will help you complete your Project 2 article using the Library’s OneSearch tool. OneSearch is found on the Library’s homepage. Watch the OneSearch Tips video for assistance getting started. [Note: In OneSearch you can limit your results to peer-reviewed journals.]
11. You should now have a total of at least 7 sources to use for your Project 2 article.
12. After reading the sources, think of the main points that you will cover and develop an outline for your Project 2 article. [Need help writing an outline?]
13. In a single Word document, submit your outline and list of at least 7 sources (references) in APA format and place it in the appropriate assignment dropbox. [Need help with APA format?]
For additional information on how your work will be graded, go to the School of Liberal Arts Writing Rubric.
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more