STAT 200 QUIZ 2 WEEKS 3, 4, 5, 6 (16 @ 0.5 pts = 8 points)
SHOW YOUR CALCULATIONS NOT SOFTWARE
SUBMIT ANSWER SHEET ONLY NOT THESE QUIZ PROBLEMS
1. For a set of numbers, if the mean is equal to the median, its distribution might be:
c. Normally distributed
2. In the graph, there are two distrubitions and we can tell (Select ALL that apply):
a. The mean of distribution A> the mean of distribution B
b. The mean of distribution A < the mean of distribution B
c. The standard deviation of distribution A> the std deviation of distribution B
d. The standard deviation of distribution A= the st deviation of distribution B
3. (T/F) A BOX PLOT gives us considerable information about a data set, including the number of data points in any given range.
4. There are 20 coupons rolled up and placed inside round plastic balls in a box. There are 3 different types of coupons: 10 of them can be redeemed for “free drinks”, 5 can be redeemed for “free desserts”, and 5 can be redeemed for “free entrees”. If you shake the box and then randomly select one coupon. What’s the probability that you will get a “free entree coupon”? (a) 25% (b) 10% (c) 20% (d) 50% (e) None of these
5. Mary was tossing a coin. She tossed three times. What’s the probability that at the first toss she gets a head, the second toss she gets a tail at and the third time she get a tail? (a) 3/8 (b) 0.50 (c) 12.5% (d) 25%
6. 100,000 people: twenty percent are children younger and 7% of those children are malnourished. How many children malnourished? (a) 1000 (b) 1400 (c) 1200 (d) 1600
7. A normal distribution of data points has a mean of 15 and a standard deviation of 5. What is the standardized Z-VALUE for a data point with a value of 7? (a) +1.3 (b) -1.6 (c) -2.1 (d) +1.6
8. In this data set above, what is the probability that a data point is 7 or less?
(a) 4.5% (b) 0.095 (c) 0.055 (d) 55%
9. TOSSING A COIN: Using the Normal to approximate the Binomial (NOT the complex formulas) with a What is the probability of (binomial) data getting 17 to 21 heads out of 36 tosses? THE RANGE FOR WHICH WE DETERMINE THE Z VALUES FOR THE LOW AND HIGH ENDS IS?
(a) 17 to 21 (b) 17.5 to 19.5 (c) 16 to 22 (d) 16.5 to 21.5
10. What are the MEAN and Standard deviation approximations we use for this calculation?
(a) 18 and 3 (b) 17 and 10 (c) 18 and 9 (d) 16 and 3 (e) None of these
11. What are the z-Values that correspond to the range you determined in #9 above?
(a) +0.5 and -1.17 (b) -0.5 and +1.17 (c) – 0.16 and +0.38 (d) none of these
12. For these z-Values from #11, what are the areas (probabilites) to the LEFT ?
(a) 0.3085 and 87.9% (b) 3.85% and 0.0879 (c) 0.4801 and 13% (d) 4.81% and 95.2%
13. FINALLY, what is the approximate probability of 17 to 21 heads out of 35 coin tosses using the Normal to approximate the Binomial?
(a) 67% (b) 57% (c) 0.43 (d) 0.057 (e) None of these
14. CONFIDENCE INTERVALS IF WE HAVE THE MEAN BUT NOT THE STANDARD DEVATION WE USE THE _______, BUT IF WE HAVE THE MEAN AND THE STANDARD DEVAITION WE USE THE _________
(a) z-Tables and t-Tables (b) t-Tables and z-Tables (c) neither, we can’t calculate a confidence interval.
15. Using the t-Tables with an α of 5% the Confidence Interval would have limits at:
(a) 5% and 95% (b) 0.025 and 0.975 (c) 1% and 99% (d) none of these
16. Calculate the 99% Confidence Interval for 41 sample data points with a mean (m) of 25 and a standard deviation (s) of 5
(a) 21 to 29 (b) 23 to 27 (c) 24 to 26 (d) 22.5 to 27.5
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more